Monday, May 3, 2010

My Incredible Audra

This last six weeks in the states has been an incredible time for me as a mom. My only son got married to a wonderful girl and their wedding was just so special. It was full of "little things" that only a certain few could recognize and appreciate but it was those special touches that really spoke to me. During this six weeks time I also witnessed my own daughter, Audra, transform into the most beautiful and capable mother I have ever seen. I stood back in awe as I watched her make tough decisions, struggle over hard issues, and yet, appreciate the smallest thing. She recently updated her blog (www.astepalongthepath.blogspot.com) and as I read about her night time routine with K, my cup literally filled up and overflowed with love, admiration, pride, and inspiration. Audra, you have touched my life in ways I never dreamed. As I watch you stand in obedience to a calling, I am so proud to be your mother. Can't wait for the adventures ahead. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment