Friday, May 28, 2010

Growing and Flexible

Rick and I arrived back in Nashville Wednesday evening from Singapore. In many ways I came "kicking and screaming" because we have just spent the last nearly three years in an incredible place to live. Singapore, the place where I don't EVER have to drive or find my way around (for those of you who know me, you realize how important this is to me), I don't have to cook (street food is good and cheap), the weather never gets cold, and I can accidently leave my purse at the coffee shop and return an house later to find it there! These are the things about Singapore that I will miss. I've already cried behind the wheel and I haven't been here but three days.

On the other hand, my children and family are here ... well, for the most part. Chelsea is away in West Africa - suffering the heat and mosquitoes because she has dangerously surrendered to His will for her life. Ross and his new bride are coming to spend the night with us this weekend (won't that be weird) - but I can't wait to get to know my new daughter-in-law more and more. Audra and her crew are also here - and the part of my little garden that needs the most tending. Praying that I have brought the right tools with me (that He has equipped me with) and that I will be able to help. Don't know what that help looks like but am willing to do anything to see this garden healthy and thriving.

Looking for a place to settle in ourselves. Praying that I will be patient until the right one comes along.

Glad to be on this journey with my Lord. Only He understands and knows what all of this means.

1 comment:

  1. wow. when i finished reading this i said to my husband "that's so weird feeling! the funderburks are moving back to the states"

    i've known ya'll so long away from here (16 years or so, right?) though you've moved several times, none of those moves were to here.

    i know you're looking forward to getting to know and minister to all your new family you've been blessed with so recently!

    love ya'll!

    becca

    ReplyDelete