Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Shhhh! Gigi's Taking a Nap

It's funny what habits we have when we are settling down for sleep. Me, I twist and turn and try to find "my spot". Rick says I'm "nesting". It's almost like a cat that goes round and round until it finally finds that comfortable spot! Little K is no different from any other two year old, I suppose. He agrees to a nap, knows he needs one, but can't quite settle down as quickly to take it as Gigi. The last few days I have invested about 15 minutes in lying down with him on the "big bed" with him (actually just enjoying watching him while I pretend to be asleep!) He twists and turns, sings and talks, and whispers "Shhhh, Gigi is taking a nap." I know he is just about "there" when I see his little hand cup under his chin. It will only be a minute now and he will be off to sleepy land. Sure enough, every time that little hand tells the tale. We're almost there. So funny. So adorable. The house will be too quiet tomorrow. And Audra's will almost be full again!

No comments:

Post a Comment